Iconic Halong Bay Restaurants That Every Visitor Should Check Out (Part 2)
- 8 months ago
- 0 comments
One of the greatest things about Halong Bay tours is the number of tourists and the diversity of outdoor activities all year round. And more often than not, if you want to experience Halong City’s melting pot, what can be better than by digging into its authentic cuisine. Do you love eating? Our recommendations on some of the most iconic Halong Bay restaurants are exactly what you are looking for.
1958 Restaurant (Nhà hàng 1958)
Seafood to eat in Halong
Aside from the old establishments that have been busy year after year, the dining scene in Halong City continues to evolve with extravagant new restaurants that also attract a large number of restaurant obsessives on their Halong Bay tours. And 1958 Restaurant is a typical example. Despite its name, 1958 is the newest restaurant on Tuan Chau Island.
Even though the menu of 1958 Restaurant features a wide variety of Southern Vietnamese foods, the single reason you should check it our is for their savory dishes with the main ingredients being fresh seafood. 1958 sets itself apart from other restaurants in Halong City is its vegetarian offerings. Thus, people on their Halong Bay tour for family do not need to worry about where to go to satisfy all of your family members’ taste buds.
- Address: Ngoc Chau (Ngọc Châu), Tuan Chau Island (Tuần Châu), Halong City (Hạ Long), Quang Ninh Province (Quảng Ninh);
- Opening hours: 09:00.A.M. – 11:00.P.M.;
- Price range: VND 100,000 – 500,000 per dish (USD 4.3-22.0);
- Telephone: 0203 3900 866 or 098 971 11 02.
Golden Crab Restaurant (Nhà hàng Cua Vàng)
Cua Vang Restaurant
With a much more severe competition on the food scene in Halong City now than ever before, there is no difficulty finding yourself an exciting restaurant that chases new stunning flavors. A reliable address in Halong City? It must be Golden Crab Restaurant.
Leaving behind the best of what all restaurants in Halong City have been serving guests for decades, chefs at this restaurant put all of their efforts into creating new offerings. The most iconic Cua Vàng dishes are golden crab hot pot, golden crab braised with bamboo shoots, etc. They are all big enough to share with your family.
- Address: No 32 Phan Chu Trinh Street (Phan Chu Trinh), Bai Chay Tourist Wharf (Bãi Cháy), Halong City (Hạ Long), Quang Ninh Province (Quảng Ninh);
- Opening hours: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM;
- Price range: VND 50,000 – 300,000 (USD 2.17-13).
Hoa San Ho Restaurant (Nhà hàng Hoa San Hô)
Hoa San Ho Restaurant
Arguably one of the original creators of seafood restaurants in Halong City, Hoa San Ho Restaurant, and its famous seafood dishes spot on the city’s culinary destination map. Your most important action at Hoa San Ho Restaurant is to order lobster, prawn, sá sùng, cù kì, etc. And no matter what kinds of seafood ordered on your Halong tour, we can almost guarantee that your taste buds will be satisfied.
- Address: No 9 Tran Quang Dieu Street (Trần Quang Diệu), Bai Chay Tourist Wharf (Bãi Cháy), Halong City (Hạ Long), Quang Ninh Province (Quảng Ninh);
- Opening hours: 09:00 AM – 11:00 PM;
- Price range: VND 200,000 – 500,000 (USD 8.7-21.7);
- Telephone: 033 3696 099
Vietnam Restaurant (Nhà hàng Việt Nam)
Perhaps the most iconic seafood restaurant near Bai Chay Tourist Wharf, this longtime favorite of Vietnam Restaurant starts with freshly steamed mackerels, fried squids, mantis, etc. for a terrific lunch.
- Address: Dong Hung Thang (Đông Hùng Thắng), Bai Chay Tourist Wharf (Bãi Cháy), Halong City (Hạ Long), Quang Ninh Province (Quảng Ninh);
- Opening hours: 07:00 AM – 10:30 PM;
- Price range: VND 130,000 – 330,000 (USD 5.7-14.3);
- Telephone: 033 3845 913 – 0978 323 983
These old Halong City standbys which stay busy year after year has promised to keep each detail intact. We have compiled a list of the best restaurants to check out on your Halong food tour. Expect to get an authentic taste of classic Halong Bay!