Iconic Halong Bay Restaurants That Every Visitor Should Check Out (Part 1)
- 6 months ago
- 0 comments
Halong Bay – one of the top tourist attractions in Vietnam brings tourists in droves for its exceptionally universal aesthetic value – turquoise water beaches of the Gulf of Tonkin under the blazing sun, about 3,000 towering limestone pillars and tiny islets covered by greenery, mouthwatering yet affordable fresh seafood menu, and one-of-a-kind cruise experiences. But have you ever taken the city’s food scene on your Halong Bay tours into consideration?
These iconic Halong Bay restaurants which have captured generations of hard-to-satisfy tourists, both domestic and foreign — remain favorite addresses among people on their Halong food tour. From family-style restaurants to refined seafood restaurants, we have got the highest-rated options throughout the city. Below are some of our top picks right now – where you can get a real taste of classic Halong.
Kim Quy Restaurant (Nhà hàng Kim Quy – Siêu Thị Ốc Kim Quy)
Kim Quy Restaurant
The “Shellfish Supermarket of Halong,” Kim Quy Restaurant is famous for bringing generous servings fresh seafood comfort food to any people on their Halong Bay tours. Many years after opening its door in Halong, Kim Quy still prides itself for maintaining the quintessence of Vietnamese cuisine by combining seafood (ngán, squid, octopus, etc.) with rustic vegetables like malabar spinach (rau mồng tơi). Kim Quy’s menu is organic, local-sourced, and sustainable in an excellent way that could easily be annoying if all the ingredients, especially the seafood were not so fresh.
- Address: No 278 Halong (Hạ Long), Bai Chay (Bãi Cháy), Halong City, Quang Ninh Province or Bai Chay Tourist Wharf (Bãi Cháy), Halong City, Quang Ninh Province;
- Opening hours: 07:30 AM – 11:30 PM;
- Price range: VND 30,000 – 150,000 (USD 1.3-6.5) per dish;
- Telephone: 033 3846 114 – 0913 268 752
Hoang Quan Restaurant (Nhà hàng Hoàng Quân)
Hoang Quan Restaurant
It claims to be the top-rated Halong City restaurant to serve a whole lot of things, including rustic Vietnamese dishes, chicken dishes, and fresh seafood dishes. Perhaps that is true, but one more plus draw of Hoang Quan Restaurant is the relaxing ambiance and high-quality service offered by delicate and hospitable staff. This scenic magnet for tourists on Halong Bay tour for family is one of the best alfresco dining areas in the city.
- Address: Gieng Day Ward (Giếng Đáy), Halong City, Quang Ninh Province;
- Opening hours: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM;
- Price range: VND 100,000 – 300,000 (USD 4.3-13.0) per dish;
- Telephone: 096 915 98 88
Thien Anh Restaurant (Nhà hàng hải sản Thiên Anh)
Dishes to try in Thien Anh Restaurant
Thien Anh Restaurant is as much of a haunt for seafood lovers on their Halong tour as ever. As a result, the air here smells of fresh seafood. Order an appetizer of seafood soup/Sam porridge, a heaping plate of seafood noodles, and stir-fried Sam with elegantly sweet and sour flavor. And don’t forget a bottle of red wine! What’s next? Picture yourself in its dim, warm-colored-curtained interior and neatly-dressed waiters.
- Address: Cai Dam Urban Area (Khu Đô Thị Cái Dăm), Halong City, Quang Ninh Province;
- Opening hours: 08:00 AM – 11:00 PM;
- Price range: VND 100,000 – 440,000 (USD 4.3-19.0) per dish;
- Telephone: 033 3512 768
Thang Long Star Restaurant (Nhà Hàng Thăng Long)
Thang Long Star Restaurant
Thang Long Star Restaurant has stayed the epitome of Halong City dining since its opening. My recommendation on ordering? Just stick to the seafood classics — squids, octopus, oyster, crab, lobster, of course, crispy seafood spring rolls, or any one of the myriad snail, shrimp, and fish preparations.
- Address: Hoang Quoc Viet Street (Hoàng Quốc Việt), Bai Chay Ward (Bãi Cháy), Halong City, Quang Ninh Province;
- Opening hours: 08:00 AM – 11:00 PM;
- Price range: VND 100,000 (USD 4.3) per dish;
- Telephone: 033 384 5916
There are classic restaurants in Halong City that are landmarks for a reason. No matter where they are, they all are quintessentially Halong Bay and serve the best seafood ever.