Halong bay Vietnam family trips: Tips for a perfect time with your kids
A trip with your family in Halong Bay in Vietnam would be an unforgettable one for you and your kids. Taking a leisure vacation together in Halong Bay, one of the world’s natural wonders recognized by UNESCO will refresh and recharge your family to get ready to come back to daily life.
However, traveling with your children can sometimes be a hassle for parents since kids are sometimes over energetic and mischievous. The tips below will give you some advice to create a hassle-free time for your coming to Halong Bay family trip. Check them out for closer details.
Halong Bay from above (Source: Internet)
- Search for basic information about Halong Bay in advance, including maps, weather, and reviews.
- It is also important that you go over basic safety and emergency information, local rules, and procedures. For example what you should do when your tour is canceled. Remember to save the tourist company’s telephone number to call anytime you need.
- Since it will take you around 3.5 hours to travel from Hanoi to Halong by bus, parents are advised to make a request to be collected first in order that you can pick comfortable seats for your children during the whole drive. You can instead book in advance a private car for your family to take the initiative in terms of time and places. In addition, don’t forget to bring along some drinks and light snacks as your kids might feel hungry during transferring time.
An accommodation in Halong (Source: Internet)
- When considering booking a cabin, a triple one, which offers a discount for under-12-year-old children would be a perfect option. A spare bed or baby cot is always ready for your kids. Moreover, bear in mind to inform any food allergy your kids may have to the tour operator in case you can’t keep an eye on them 24 hours a day. See the weather forecast and pack suitable clothes for them accordingly.
Safety on board
When traveling to a new place, always keep an eye on your children in case they get lost or are pickpocketed. In Halong, especially when your family is on a cruise, your children’s safety is the number one thing to care for.
Keep an eye on your children when travelling to Halong (Source: Internet)
- Take full notice of your children and don’t let hem climb on the railing or the handrail on the boat.
- Make sure your kids wear the required life vest when taking part in cruise activities.
- Be aware of them while transferring from the cruise to the rowing boat and vice versa.
- Upon your visiting the caves with small children, do keep in mind to pay extra attention to them because there will be a lot of steps.
Join the Tai Chi session in the morning and squid fishing at night since there are exciting activities your children will definitely love.
Mentioned above are some essential advice you should keep in mind to have a memorable and safe Halong Bay Vietnam family trip. Hopefully, this article will be a helpful companion before and during your stay in Halong Bay.